Cute Little Coconut Candies

These little candies can be made low carb by using the stevia option, or use the honey option for a version that is still far healthier than typical candy.  It’s a simple recipe that you can double if you want to make a large batch, and you can vary the flavor by adding in a little lemon zest, a few drops of peppermint oil, some cinnamon…whatever you enjoy.  If you need a quick, healthy gift for Valentine’s day you should whip up a batch for your loved ones.

Cute Little Coconut Candies

Using small heart molds this made about two dozen candies.  If you don’t have candy molds you could also roll the mixture into small truffles and roll them in finely grated coconut or some cocoa powder.  I prefer the texture of this candy when stored at room temperature but if you plan to have them around for longer than a couple of days I would keep them in the fridge. Note that coconut butter is finely ground coconut flesh that is the coconut version of peanut butter, and is also called coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate.  I am planning to do a post soon that clarifies all of the different types of coconut products, as I know it can be confusing.

Cute Little Coconut Candies

Cute Little Coconut Candies
Recipe type: Candy

• 1/3 cup coconut butter, warmed to liquid
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, warmed to liquid
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 20 drops of liquid stevia *or* 1 tablespoon of honey
  1. Stir together all of the ingredients and then spoon the mixture into your molds. Tap the molds lightly on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Let the candies set up completely (you can do this by leaving them at room temperature or you can speed up the process by chilling them).
  2. When the candies are completely set, carefully pop them out of the molds. This makes about two dozen small candies.

Cute Little Coconut Candies
These are so easy and tasty so I hope you will give them a try.

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

, , , , ,

9 Responses to Cute Little Coconut Candies

1. Karen Harris February 12, 2015 at 10:17 pm #

I love these Angela! So pretty! Hope you and Harrison have a great Valentine’s Day.

• Angela February 12, 2015 at 10:23 pm #

Thank you, Karen!

2. Tina @ epicuricloud February 13, 2015 at 5:57 am #

These are adorable Angela! I happen to have a jar of the coconut butter on hand!! Will be trying these – thanks for the great recipe!!

• Angela February 16, 2015 at 8:30 am #

thanks, Tina! Hope you like them.

3. Nancy February 17, 2015 at 2:53 pm #

I bought a rose-shaped candy mold yesterday — hoping to make these for Easter or Mother’s Day. I am looking forward to your post about all the current coconut products available. I get so confused, and there’s still part of me that believes coconut is unhealthy (we did used to think that, didn’t we?).

• Angela February 20, 2015 at 10:23 am #

Yes, we definitely used to think that! I had some trouble initially, until I had blood work after eating a coconut-heavy diet for several months. Only good things happened, so that was convincing.

4. Lynette March 5, 2015 at 12:36 pm #

Thank you Angela for this easy recipe! I have a friend who loves coconut and her birthday is coming up- so I ordered some coconut butter- I have not used it before, only coconut oil. I am looking forward t it!

5. Melissa March 26, 2015 at 1:40 pm #

Angela, I adore your blog! I do wish you could post a little more often. You have given me such inspiration! I check in almost every day just to see what is new… I know you have to be eating something yummy over there. What have you been up to?

• Angela March 26, 2015 at 8:59 pm #

Melissa, thank you for checking in, that means a lot to me! I have been overwhelmed at work but I do have a new recipe that I hope to have posted this weekend–stay tuned.