This morning I knew I was going to be eating eggs for lunch due to the amount of work I had going, so I opted for an egg-free breakfast that was pretty good. A bowl of (still fairly flavorless) organic strawberries drizzled with almond butter and then topped with some coconut flakes and the last of the raw cacao nibs. It was good.
My quick lunch was two of the breakfast “muffins” taken out of the freezer and microwaved, plus a large grapefruit and a raw carrot. Green tea with both breakfast and lunch.
We had another really warm day today so I once again put roasting plans on the back burner. Tomorrow I must cook duck legs. Instead I made a no-cook, giant bowl of scallop ceviche with mango. I adore ceviche. Now granted, I love it scooped up with fresh corn chips, but I really enjoy it straight-up out of a bowl with a spoon, too. That’s the plan for this. Dinner will be accompanied by the last of the kombucha, which we will refill at the farmers’ market tomorrow a.m. Harrison is currently eating organic tomato paste right out the can with a spoon–because he is strange that way. I will likely have some Toasted Onion Sea Snax with dinner, too.
- 1 pound raw scallops, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Juice of four Meyer lemons
- 2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Eat right away or refrigerate for an hour to let the scallops firm up. This is good with lettuce cups.
I used Meyer lemons because I had some nice ones on hand, but I usually use limes instead. Use what you have and what you like.