A couple of weeks ago I attended a blogger event sponsored by GoodBelly, a Boulder-based company that produces probiotic beverages. We were served drinks made with some of their products–my favorite was the coconut water infused with cucumber and melon–and invited to take their “12 day challenge.” I did not need to be sold on the idea of probiotics, as there is a growing body of research that suggests that good bacteria are essential to many aspects of health, and at the event I learned a few things (including a few, shall we say, gross-but-helpful things) about bacteria, immunity, and digestion. But enough about that–I used some GoodBelly to make these incredibly refreshing ice pops:
I made some of these with straight-up Blueberry Acai GoodBelly, and they were great, but my favorite was what I dubbed the Mango Creamsicle, made with Mango Goodbelly, Greek Yogurt, and a little stevia. One of the reasons I like the GoodBelly line is that the products are not overly sweet, but are very fruity (or coconutty, as the case may be). Perfect for ice pops.
GoodBelly is available in quarts and in “shots,” and is available nationwide. Here along the Front Range it is available at Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage. GoodBelly is offering one of my readers a chance to try the 12 day challenge with some vouchers for their products–see details below the recipe.
- 1 cup GoodBelly Mango
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet stevia (optional, or use a couple teaspoons of honey)
- Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl, and divide the mixture into ice pop molds. This will make six, small ice pops or four larger pops.
- Freeze overnight. To unmold, run the pops under hot water for a few seconds.
If you are interested in entering to win some free GoodBelly to try out for yourself, just leave a comment below telling me your favorite flavor of ice pop. If you want more information about the products, and the benefits of probiotics, check out their website. Here are the giveaway details:
Giveaway has ended! Congratulations to Lisa, who won the GoodBelly vouchers!
1. Giveaway is open to U.S. mailing addresses, only. Giveaway ends Sunday, July 29th, at 5:00 p.m. M.S.T.
2. I will select a winner using random.org, and I will contact the winner via email. If I do not receive a response within 48 hours, I will use the same method to select an alternate winner.
Disclosure: GoodBelly provided samples for my own 12-day challenge and for testing purposes, and is providing the reader giveaway. All opinions are my own, and are genuine.
Thanks for reading,